Monday, November 3, 2008

Knife for my Brother




I wanted to make a knife for my brother this time around. We both love fishing and camping so I thought a full tang camp knife would be ideal. It's the same shape as the one I made for Dad with a few variations in the design.
I gave this one a partial scandi grind and some filework along the spine. The handle is made from soapwood and ringed myall with a fibre spacer.
I was pretty happy with the way this knife turned out. It could have done with less gaps when I epoxied it and some of the pins didn't work out the way I had hoped but it's all good experience, and my brother didn't offer up any complaints. He was pretty pleased in fact.

2 comments:

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

now that's a brother to me proud of;)
nice works dude
SBW

BlackRabbit said...

Thanks SBW, that's very kind of you to say. My brother's worth the effort though.